A sure-fire way to rack up some cheer is to stay in authentic log cabin accommodation like this little beauty. Hand built in a traditional Canadian-style, you can rest assured it can handle any conditions that Australian weather can throw at it. A log fire and spa keep you 'snug as a bug' in winter, and the reverse cycle air conditioning keeps you cool in summer. To top it off, operations are carbon-neutral, thanks to solar panels, double-glazed windows, a skylight and the super-insulating power of 30 tons of plantation logs.
Set on two acres of gardens with Ovens River frontage in Porepunkah, just five minutes' drive from Bright, Tewksbury Lodge offers, Self Catering Accommodation with all the features and facilities you expect from an award winning lodge.
The Lodge makes the perfect spot for a couple or two couples travelling together, or a family with kids. It comprises:
- 2 bedrooms. Main with a luxurious King sized bed. The second bedroom has a Queen sized bed.
- Kitchen is fully equipped, including full oven and dishwasher
- Laundry has a washing machine and dryer
- Open plan Lounge / Dining areas
- Spacious Bathroom with Spa bath and separate shower
- Large Veranda & rocking chair
- Private BBQ, Outdoor dining and Fire pit
- Secluded gardens with river frontage and views to Mount Buffalo
Because we live on the property in a separate home, we are available if required. However we respect your privacy and will leave you alone to enjoy your stay and the peace and quiet, unless you contact us. The rear of the property is quite secluded and reserved for your privacy, but guests are certainly free to enjoy the rest of the grounds.
The Lodge provides an ideal retreat, with a warmth and ambience only a true log home can provide. So relax on leather reclining sofas, enjoy your spacious veranda and take in the flora and fauna of our secluded landscaped gardens and tranquil river setting. We take care to ensure our facilities are of high standard, and strive to meet and exceed the expectations of our guests.
- Spa bath
- Reverse Cycle Air Conditioning
- Cozy Wood Fire. During winter we provide complementary fire wood for your first night, so you can truly experience the ambience of the Log Cabin. Once that 1 night supply is used (or outside winter months), firewood is available for purchase. Firelighters and kindling are also provided.
- Free Wireless Internet
- 3 TV's, a 47" TV in the lounge and a small TV in each bedroom, each with a DVD player
- Netflix and FetchTV (FetchTV includes a selection of 30 free movies, or rent from 1000's) and a selection of DVD's
- Music dock with Bluetooth connection
- Nespresso Coffee machine
- Snow Toboggans (complimentary)
- His & Hers bicycles (complimentary)
- His & Hers e-bike hire (see our e-bikes page)
- Cot & High Chair available on request
Tewksbury Lodge is a carbon neutral, Eco Friendly dwelling and we pride ourselves on being environmentally sustainable.
- Solar panels collect the suns energy and generate most of the properties electricity needs.
- Grid electric power is 100% renewable, sourced from Hydro Electric generation.
- The Lodge is constructed in a traditional Canadian style so it effortlessly handles Australian conditions. A conventional house has an insulation value of R3 or R4. This Log Cabin has an insulation value of R16, thanks to the super insulating power of 30 tons of logs, which dramatically reduces heating and cooling requirements.
- Large logs have another wonderful property - their thermal mass; they are capable of storing heat. When the ambient temperature is lowered (e.g., at night) they give back heat into the rooms until the temperature is again equalised.
- Double glazed windows further increase insulation characteristics.
- A skylight minimises the need for artificial lighting during the day.
- Ceiling fans reduce heating and A/C needs.
- High efficiency instant gas hot water is used for its suitability to intermittent usage.
- LED lighting is used extensively for optimal energy efficiency.
So, what are you waiting for? Why not treat yourself to this unique accommodation experience.